A really easy snack I put together that is full of protein. I created it while making us tuna salad for lunch and just grabbed what we had in the fridge!
This recipe yields approximately 4 (depending on size)
Level : Easy
Prep Time : 5 minutes
Cook Time : 20-25 minutes
1 can solid white albacore tuna (rinsed and drained)
1/2 slice of bread (use a wheat or gluten free one if your dog has allergies)
1 egg (we like cage free)
1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
2 fresh chopped mint leaves (optional)
1. Turn on the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Chop bread into tiny pieces and whisk the egg.
3. Place everything in a bowl and mix.
4. Lightly grease a cookie sheet or casserole dish with the olive oil.
5. Take the mixture and create small patties. .
6. Place in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until slightly browned.
Take out and let cool. Refrigerate and serve as a treat.
P.S.- Ms. Maru is on a few antibiotics right now and discovered that because of the texture and smell of the patties they make a great treat to hide pills in.